Anyone can learn Python
Get up and running with Python
Frictionless and fun
Truly understand what’s going on (instead of learning tricks)
A distraction-free course system designed for optimal learning
Keep track of progress
Mark lessons as complete and continue where you left off
Learn at your own pace
I get it; we’re all busy! This course allows you to learn at your own pace. No pressure!
Use quizzes to make sure you mastered the material
With helpful feedback
Earn a certificate of completion
To use on your CV and LinkedIn
Easy to use PDF format
This course includes runnable and editable code examples. Try it!
Loved by students
Students love this course. Read some of the reviews to see what they have to say!
Buyers get lifetime* access to the course, including all its updates and improvements
* For as long as this site exists
Not for you? Let me know within five days of your initial purchase and I’ll refund your money.
Learn Python with little or no previous experience. This Python course for beginners is the perfect starting point to learning Python properly.
This is why you will like my course:
- You get lifetime course access after your purchase (including all the updates that will come in the future)
- Learn at your own pace – no time limits and such
- It’s a streamlined experience: I gradually introduce you to all the important topics
- Most lessons end with a quiz to test your knowledge and understanding
- Keep track of your progress and continue where you left
- I meticulously keep the course up-to-date with the latest Python version and developments
- We’ll build an application to apply what you’ve learned in the end project.
- You get a certificate of completion in PDF format (see product pictures for an example)
- I’ll refund your money if you ask me to within five days of your initial purchase, for whatever reason.
What you’ll learn in this Python course for beginners
You will learn to program in modern Python 3 and get to know and understand the essential basics. This course is not of the “learn Python in 1 hour” type, simply because you can’t properly learn Python in one hour (or even ten hours).
- We’ll start our journey with some context, history, and the installation of Python itself.
- Then we’ll dive into the language basics: operators, conditional programming, loops, and the most important data types.
- I’ll help you install VS Code, a professional code editor, and show you how to configure and use it for Python programming.
- You’ll learn about objects and classes (the core of how Python works)
- We’ll create an application (the end project) to put what you’ve learned into practice.
I aim to help you truly understand what you’re doing and how things work. After this Python course for beginners, you will have the knowledge and tools to continue your journey into more advanced topics, like data science. This course provides a solid basis for several follow-up courses that I’m also working on.
Who wrote this course?
Erik van Baaren is the owner of Python Land and the author of many of the articles and tutorials on this website. He’s been working as a professional software developer for 25 years and holds a Master of Science degree in computer science. His favorite language of choice: Python!
Frequently Asked Questions
Will the course stay the same after my purchase?
I continuously update the Python course for beginners to reflect the latest developments in Python. I promptly fix mistakes and issues brought to my attention. You will keep your lifetime access to this course and all its improvements.
Is there a refund policy?
Yes. If you don’t like the course, I’ll refund your money as long as you ask me within five days of your initial purchase. Refunds are limited to one refund per person per course.
Which OS do I need to follow this course?
You can follow the course on Windows, MacOS, and Linux. We’ll be using the freely available Visual Studio Code editor, which you can download for all three platforms, but if you strongly prefer another editor, you should be fine too. If you are unsure whether you can install and run Python on your computer, you might want to try and install it first (this is a free lesson that is part of the course) before buying the course.
Can I follow this course on a mobile phone or tablet?
Yes and no. The course system will work fine on a mobile phone or tablet and adapt to smaller screens. However, some of the code examples might be harder to read. Also, you need a PC with a Python installation to get the required practice. So yes, you can read the theory and do quizzes on a mobile phone, but I strongly recommend a PC for the best experience.
What experience level is required to follow this course?
This Python course for beginners is suitable for those with no programming experience. You don’t need extra material or previously completed courses because this course is self-contained. I’ll walk you through all the steps, including installing Python itself and a suitable editor. In addition, I designed this course so that both complete beginners and those with some prior experience can benefit. You do need a basic understanding of how to work with computers and how computers work in general.
How long will it take to finish the course?
The honest answer is: it depends on your experience level, the amount of effort you put into the exercises, extra material/links, etcetera. As a very rough guideline, I’d say you will spend about 40 hours before finishing the course.
Can I get help if I get stuck?
I’m available for questions and comments through the contact form (e-mail). If you get stuck, I’ll do everything possible to get you going again. I value all input and encourage you to get in touch if needed. Your input will help me to improve the course.
Can I try it before I buy it?
Yes, you can! See below. There are several sample lessons open for everyone to see and try. In addition, there’s the refund policy (see above).
Below you can see the complete course overview. The free sample lessons will give you an idea of the content and the course system. Try it!