You are now ready to start learning the basics with this introduction to Python. Make sure you have Python installed on your system, or use an online version of Python.
Even if you have no prior programming experience, you should be able to get a good start with this Python introduction. We’ll take it slow, but before you know it, you’ll have a solid base-level knowledge of the important topics:
- The Python REPL
- The print() function
- and much more!
This introduction to Python will not dive into these subjects’ nitty-gritty details but instead touch the surface and introduce you to the basic concepts.
Further on in the tutorial, we’ll take some deep dives into specific subjects:
- On our Python function deep-dive, for example, we’ll learn more advanced things about functions
- We also cover virtual environments (or venv for short)
- Package installation with Pip install
- Our deployment section covers things like containerizing your Python project
- Our section on Python data processing goes into processing JSON with Python and parsing YAML
- We offer a learning path to using Python for data science
If you get stuck, do not hesitate to contact me with any questions you might have. Sometimes writing down the question is enough to answer it yourself, but I’m happy to help where I can. Let’s go! Click here to start learning about the REPL.